In my one-minute video book trailer, I list Ten ways to be happier at home. Some are serious, and some, goofy (to my surprise, my suggestion regarding purple has turned out to be fairly controversial!). Here's another list of ways to be happier at home–or, at least, they've made me happier at home.
One of these items is important enough to be listed in both places. Can you guess which one?
1. Get enough sleep.
2. Embrace good smells. No cost, no calories, no energy, no time–a quick hit of pleasure.
3. Cultivate a shrine.
4. Accept yourself, and expect more from yourself.
5. Give warm greetings and farewells. I was surprised by how much this resolution changed the atmosphere of my home.
6. Abandon your self-control. Well, this one really works for for my fellow abstainers, not moderators.
7. Remember the Sixth Splendid Truth: The only person you can change is yourself.