Saturday, June 4, 2011

Be Happy Now: The Surprising Shortcut to Attracting Whatever You Want

Be Happy Now: The Surprising Shortcut to Attracting Whatever You Want

By Joe Vitale, Co-creator of Wealth Trigger

Let me tell you a little secret.

You don't need to practice the 5 steps in this article to manifest your desires or attract more wealth. Nope. There is an easier way. I'll tell you what it is, but you must promise that once you use it, you'll tell the entire world about it...

Deal?

Here's the secret, what I call the shortcut to creating your life the way you want it: Be happy now.

That's it. If you can be happy right now, in this moment, you will have achieved whatever you want. Why?

Because underneath everything you say you want is the desire for happiness. In 1917 Ralph Perlette wrote in his book, The Big Business of Life, "Whatever we do, we are doing it to be happy, whether we realize it or not."

You want a new car so you will be happy.

You want more money so you will be happy.

You want better health so you will be happy.

You want that loving or lusty relationship so you will be happy.

Happiness is your goal.

And here's another secret: You don't need to have anything else in order to be happy right now. You can choose to be happy.

I know that's a tough one to grasp. Just today, I received a call from a nurse caring for my best friend.

The call was disturbing, to say the least. I was told my friend may need drug rehab. This news was causing me to go into a tailspin, right into unhappiness.

A few hours later, I went out for an acupuncture appointment. As I drove through the Texas country hills in the beautiful area where I now live, I realized that I could be happy anyway.

My unhappiness wasn't going to help me, or my friend, or my driving. I could choose to be happy.

Does that sound like a wild thought? We're taught that outer circumstances dictate how we are to feel.

What I've learned is that the outer is simply the illusion. Oh, it seems real enough. I agree. But what created that outer is your inner.

As Paul Ellsworth wrote in his 1924 classic book, The Mind Magnet:

"Consciousness is cause."

Let me explain this further...

THE 5 EASY STEPS TO MANIFESTING YOUR DESIRES:

1. Know what you don't want.

2. Select what you do want.

3. Clear all negative or limiting beliefs.

4. Feel what it would be like to have, do or be what you want.

5. Let go as you act on your intuitive impulses, and allow the results to manifest.

YOUR OBJECTIVE: State your intention and let the world arrange itself to bring your goal to you.

STEP ONE: THE SPRINGBOARD

Where Are Your Thoughts?

The Attractor Factor is always at work.

It is spirit giving you what you focus on.

Focus on lack, you get lack. Focus on your bad back, you get more of your bad back.

So, for Step One, all you want to do is notice what you have been focusing on. Where are your thoughts?

Where is your conversation?

Your answers will become the springboard to take you to the next step in this miracle making process...

In the space below, write a list of what you don't want. Get it all out.
(This is an important step):

STEP TWO: DARE SOMETHING WORTHY

What DO You Want?

If you realize you can have anything, be anything or do anything, then the question becomes: What do you want?

Here's the secret: The trick is in turning every one of your complaints around to something you DO want. Start focusing on where you want to go, not on where you were or where you are.

"I don't want this headache" becomes "I want a clear head."

"I don't want this backache" becomes "I want a strong back."

"I don't want these bills" becomes "I want business to come to me easily and effortlessly."

There's an art to rewriting what you don't want into what you do want. All I do is write the opposite of my complaint.

Turn the sentence around 180 degrees. If I say "I'm tired of being interrupted when I write," the opposite would be, "I want to write in a place that is safe, quiet and without interruptions."

You're probably wondering what this has to do with anything. Why write these sentences if they won't help you pay the bills or heal your problems or anything else?

Good question. The answer: Refocusing on what you do want will take you in the direction of what you want.

As Deepak Chopra wrote in his book, The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire, "All we really need is clarity of intent. Then if we can get the ego out of the way, the intentions fulfill themselves."

How to Think Like God

No matter how you view God, you probably admit that your concept is a being with enormous power and no limits.

Well, if you thought like God, what would you want for yourself? What would you want for the world?

So, what do you want?

What would make your heart sing?

What would make you dance in the streets?

What would make you smile right now thinking about it?

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

What would you want -- if you could have anything?

Write it here:

Now, what would be even better than what you selected? In other words, you may have written, "I want $50,000 in the bank by the holiday." Well, what would be better than that?

Would you prefer $100,000? The idea is to stretch yourself a little while still being honest with yourself about your desires.

Write down what would be even better than what you have already stated you want:

A study by the author Bryan Tracy revealed that people who simply wrote down their wants and put the list away, discovered a year later that 80 percent of what they wrote came to be!

The Number One Thing People Do Wrong

To me, excuses are the number one thing people do wrong -- online and off. While all of these excuses seem legit to the person saying them, they are virtually all hogwash.

Excuses are beliefs. If you buy into them, you're stuck. If you believe instead that there's a way around whatever the excuse is, you'll move forward.

Finally, what would you do if you had no excuses?

Whatever your answer, that's a clue to your biggest goal. Leave your excuses behind and you'll begin to attract wealth.

Leave your excuses behind, and you can achieve success, too.

Leave your excuses behind, and your life will begin to soar.

If you don't act now, why not?

Whatever your answer, that's an excuse.

Are you going to let it stop you?

Now write one goal or intention, something that you would really like to have, do or be.

Focus brings power. Look over your lists and see what goal or goals jump out at you. Which goal or intention has the most energy, or charge, on it? A goal should scare you a little and excite you a lot.

And keep in mind you can always combine goals.

There's nothing wrong with stating something like, "I want to weigh 120 pounds, own a brand new Corvette, and have $50,000 in the bank, by this coming Christmas."

In the space below, write down the most powerful intention you can:

Here's the next step:

Write your intention as if you already have it.

In other words, "I want to weigh 120 pounds, own a brand new Corvette, and have $50,000 in the bank, by this coming Christmas" becomes "I now weigh 120 pounds, own a brand new Corvette, and have fifty thousand dollars in the bank!"

If you want an alternative that may feel better to you, consider the approach Dr. Robert Anthony advises in this audio program, Beyond Positive Thinking.

He says it may be more powerful to write, "I now choose to weigh 120 pounds, own a brand new Corvette, and have $50,000 in the bank!"

Do that now. Just rewrite your goal into present-tense, pretending you already have what you want, and using the word "choose" if you so desire:

Before we go on, add one more line to your request. Add the phrase "This or something better."

"This or something better" is the loophole that allows you to get out of your ego. If you insist on getting whatever you desire, you are coming from pure ego.

As you'll see in Step Five, letting go is an important element to success.

The real secret to getting whatever you want is to want without need.

This will become clear later. For now, go back and add the freeing line, "This or something better" to your stated goal.

Carry Your Intention

When you get to the final step of this process, you might want to print the next page and put it in your pocket or purse.

By doing so, you will be unconsciously reminding yourself of your intention.

Your own mind will then help nudge you in the direction of making your goal a reality.

So relax. You have just planted a seed in your mind.

Prepare to attract your miracles!

STEP THREE: THE MISSING SECRET

Are You Clear Right Now?

How do you know if you are clear right now?

Think of something that you want to have, do or be. Why don't you have it yet?

If your answer is something negative, you aren't clear. If you say anything except an honest, "I know it's on the way to me," you probably aren't clear inside with what you want.

Another question to ask yourself is, "What does it mean that you don't yet have what you want?"

Your answer to that question will reveal your beliefs. For example, if you say, "I have to do such and such first," then you have a belief that you have to do something before you can have what you want.

Top 10 Limiting Beliefs

1. I'm not good enough to be loved.

2. No matter what I do, I should be doing something else.

3. If it hasn't happened yet, it never will.

4. If you knew what I'm really like, you wouldn't want me.

5. I don't know what I want.

6. I upset people.

7. Sex is dirty and nasty; save it for the one you love.

8. Better stop wanting; if you get your hopes up, you'll get hurt.

9. If I fail, I should feel bad for a long time and be really scared to try again.

10. I should have worked this out by now.

Those are all beliefs and they can all be changed.

Money Beyond Belief

What do you tell yourself when you look at your business and see it isn't yet where you want it to be?

Do you blame it on the economy? Your salespeople? Your marketing? On your own ability to accomplish anything?

Whatever your answer, that is a belief. Common ones include:

"I must work hard for the money I earn."

"I need more money than I can generate."

"I feel helpless in changing my financial picture."

"I think my sales people are loafing."

"I don't handle money and wealth well."

What you want to do is replace negative beliefs with positive ones, such as:

"Money is a natural manifestation of the universe."

"It's good to be rich."

"I don't have to work hard for my money."

"I am destined for great wealth."

"My staff earns money for me."

"I handle money and wealth well."

You see, most of the beliefs you have were given to you when you were a child. You simply absorbed them.

Now, you are becoming awakened. You are at choice. You can choose to let go of the beliefs you don't want, and you can choose to replace the beliefs with ones that better serve you.

Here's a script created by Karol Truman, author of the truly amazing book, Feelings Buried Alive Never Die...

This is a simple script you say out loud to release a belief or a feeling you no longer want, and to replace it with something you prefer.

First, understand this powerful tool is so simple, it's easy to dismiss. All you're asked to do is say a couple paragraphs of words. That's it! Yet what the Script does is reprogram your basic DNA structure.

It speaks to your spirit and asks it to help you get clear on the most fundamental levels of your being.

I don't want to complicate things here by trying to explain how this process works.

My job is to give you the tools and show you how to use them. After all, you don't need to know how a fax machine works in order to send or receive a fax. All you do is insert the paper, and it does the rest.

The Script is the same way. All you do is say it, inserting in the appropriate place what you are feeling at the time that you want to clear, and inserting in the appropriate place what you prefer to feel.

This will make more sense once you know the words in the Script, so here they are:

Spirit, please locate the origin of my feelings and thoughts of:

Insert all your negative or limiting beliefs

Take each and every level, layer, area, and aspect of my Being to this origin.

Analyze and resolve it perfectly with God's truth.

Come through all generations of time and eternity, healing every incident and its appendages based on the origin. Please do it according to God's will until I'm at the present -- filled with light and truth, God's peace and love, forgiveness of every person, place, circumstance and event which contributed to these feelings and thoughts.

With total forgiveness and unconditional love, I allow every physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual problem, and inappropriate behavior based on the negative origin recorded in my DNA, to transform.

I choose: Insert your positive self-enhancing beliefs below

Write it here:

I feel: Imagine you accomplished what you just wrote.
How would that feel?

Write that here:

I AM: Insert your positive beliefs about who you are

Use the same appropriate positive feelings for each space above, to replace the negative feelings.

Karol's Script is powerful. Read Karol's wonderful book for a detailed explanation of it. Meanwhile, use the Script whenever you feel the need to get clear.

It works -- almost like magic!

And once you are clear, you can truly attract virtually anything you can imagine!

Isn't this a fun, exciting, even exhilarating way to live?

STEP FOUR: NEVILLIZE YOUR GOAL

One of Goddard Neville's great contributions to the science of attracting your own reality was the idea that you must first FEEL the thing you want as if you already had it. I call this Nevillizing your goal.

In one old book I have by Neville, he signed it with the phrase, "Assume the feeling of the wish fulfilled." That's the key. That's the secret. You have to learn how to "Nevillize Your Goal" by assuming the feeling of the wish fulfilled.

What Neville was suggesting is that you must feel whatever it is you want to attract. You might see it in your mind, but until you feel it as complete, you will be missing a key step in the attraction process.

This is a step missing from virtually all self-help books. This is the step missing in most hypnosis, visualization, and other mind-expanding programs.

This is Step Four in the Attractor Factor.

Write Your Future

One wonderful technique to help you in this area is called scripting. I first heard of this method from my longtime friends Jerry and Esther Hicks. The concept is deceptively simple.

Just imagine that you already have what you want and write out a scene that describes it. Describe it in such detail you can feel it. Sense it. Experience it.

I have a notebook full of scripts. Every one I have written has come into reality. Again, when you think it and feel it, it comes to be.

Neville's advice may help you here...

"First, have a dream, and by a dream I mean a daydream, a gloriously wonderful daydream. Then ask yourself, 'What would it be like if it were true that I am now the man I am dreaming I would like to be. What would it be like?' Then catch the mood of the wish fulfilled and drench yourself with that feeling."

-Goddard Neville, author, Immortal Man

Now, choose what you want to experience.

Whatever it is, write up a description of it, as if it already happened.

Instead of writing, "I want a customer to call me with a big order," you write, "A brand new customer just called and ordered $5,000 from me. I feel fantastic! The call came a few minutes ago. I'm still smiling about it, as the customer was a delight to work with. They even gave me their credit card and I'm running it right now!"

You get the idea.

Pretend the day is done and you're recording the experience of what you want to have happen in your journal, after it happened. Be detailed. Be joyful.

Enjoy the process.

Describe it the way you want it, just after the fact. And do it right now!

WHY NOT?

If you didn't write a script right now, why not?

You create your next moments out of this moment.

What you do right now is the energy you send out that attracts what you get later. That's the Attractor Factor.

When you write a script, be sure to do it with emotion, you create a powerful "thought form," or ball of energy, that goes out into the world to make your script come true.

This is the spiritual formula for success that never fails -- guaranteed!

This is the Attractor Factor!

Now go back and write your script!

STEP FIVE: THE ULTIMATE SECRET

Here's a secret that may surprise you: When you want something, but can live without having it, you have upped the odds of your having it.

This is one of the ironies of life.

As long as you are playfully desiring something, but not addicted to your having it, the universe will most likely quickly bring it to you.

But as soon as you say, "I must have this," you begin to push it away.

Why?

Because you are sending out an energy to repel what you say you want. Because you are focused on need and not in the moment. Because you haven't learned the ultimate secret, Step Five: Let Go.

Choose what you want and let God or the Universe (whatever that means to you) bring it to you. Let it orchestrate the events that will manifest the thing you desire. Give up needing to know how you will manifest anything.

Knowing how can become a limitation.

If you choose to manifest something, but can't consciously see a way to create it, you may give up.

The conscious mind can't see all of the possibilities. Surrender control and you free the Universe to bring you whatever you want.

As Deepak Chopra wrote in his book, The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire, "Intention is not simply a whim. It requires attention, and it also requires detachment. Once you've created the intention mindfully, you must be able to detach from the outcome, and let the universe handle the details of fulfillment."

In short, you fully activate the Attractor Factor when you let go.

Let me explain. The idea is to write down things that come to mind that will help you take inspired action.

Don't sit around on your butt waiting for something to happen, and at the same time, don't scramble to make things happen.

Slow down. Breathe slowly and deeply. Pay attention to your thoughts. Act on your intuition and be aware of opportunities as they come up. You can write your ideas down right now.

As you let go, what sudden impulses seem to propel you toward your goal? They can be quick, so when you get them, write as many as you can, below:

Dr. Joe Vitale is the co-author of How to Get Lots of Money for Anything and co-creator of the brand new Wealth Trigger.


Edited by: Lawyer Asad

No comments: