Friday, March 18, 2011

A Mother's Crown

A Mother's Crown

Heaven lit up with His mighty presence, as all the Angels looked down. Today the Lord was placing the jewels, in all the mother's crowns. As He held up a golden crown, as all the mother's looked on, He said in His gentle voice, "I just want to explain each stone". He held the first gem in His hand but the
radiance couldn't match His own. For He was the light of Heaven, reflecting off each of the stones.

"The first gem," He said, "is an emerald, and it's for endurance alone, for all the nights you waited up for your children to come home. For all the nights by their bedside, you stayed till the fever went down, for nursing every little wound, I add this emerald to your crown."

"A ruby, I'll place by the emerald, for leading your child in the right way,
for if you hadn't taught them about me, they wouldn't be here with you
today. For always being right there, thru all life's important events, I
give you a sapphire stone, for the time and love you spent."

"For untying the strings that held them, when they grew up and left home, I give you this one for courage." Then the Lord added an amethyst stone. "I'll place a stone of garnet," He said, "for all the times you spent on your knees, when you asked me to take care of your children, and them for having
faith in me."

"I have a pearl for every little sacrifice, that you made without them knowing, for all the times you went without, to keep them happy, healthy, and growing. And last of all I have a diamond, The greatest of all gems, for those mother's who lost their children, when they came home to heaven before them."

"This is the most precious sacrifice, so I give the most precious stone, for
I know just how you felt, I too lost a child of my own." After the Lord
placed the last jewel in, He said, "Heaven is now complete, for every mother has her crown of jewels, and all her children are at her feet."

Addendum : A mother can touch a whole generation just by loving her own child well.

Edited by: Lawyer Asad

No comments: