Monday, November 8, 2010

My miracle heart.

'My Miracle Heart'
Edited by: Lawyer Asad

I received a call from a stranger about my inheritance. That's how
I found about my father's sudden, unexpected death. He was 53. He
died from an aortic aneurism from a rare genetic heart disease called Marfan Syndrome. I went to the Chief of Cardiology at Cedars
Sinai in Beverly Hills and found out that I had Marfans too.

Marfans is a genetic heart condition for which there is no cure, which often results in death from an aortic aneurism. It often strikes people early in life, usually in their 20s. I was 28.

I was devastated. I had 1st degree heart block and a heart murmur.
I would need a pace maker as the heart block progressed to the 2nd
degree, but the real concern was my aortic valve and the possibility of a rupture. I wouldn't be able to have children. My entire life to this point, I had been extremely athletic in
competitive sports, from volleyball to swim teams to college tennis. I was completely into nutrition and fitness. After the news, I was truly terrified. Where I used to view myself as strong and positive, I now saw myself as weak and fragile, with what I was told was a "ticking time bomb in my chest". While I tried to stay my usual positive self, in the back of my mind I was always aware of the imminent danger and my inescapable mortality.

I lived with this fear, getting checked by my cardiologist twice a
year for years, until I saw The Secret. I was due for another visit to the cardiologist right around that time. I was awestruck by the woman who cured herself from cancer and the man who healed himself from the plane crash. I decided right then and there that I was going to heal my heart. I believed it and knew it was possible.

I quickly banished any negative thoughts about my heart and refused to let them enter my mind anymore. Every night as I laid down in my bed, I placed my right hand on my heart and visualized a strong
heart, and rehearsed in my mind my heart beating strong, looking
and sounding the way a strong healthy heart was supposed to. Every morning when I woke up, I said "Thank you for my strong, healthy heart". I visualized the cardiologist telling me that I was cured.
I didn't tell anyone what I was doing for fear of judgment or disbelief. I postponed my cardiologist appointment for about 4 months to give myself enough time to try this.

I went to the cardiologist, with my medical file full of past electrocardiograms and echocardiograms confirming my physical heart problems. Nervous and excited, I tried to calm myself as I got hooked up to the EKG then got the sonogram.

The cardiologist came in with the test results completely
dumbfounded. There was NO sign of a 1st degree heart block. There
was NO heart murmur. There was NO expansion in my aorta. He checked and rechecked the old tests and the new one, now showing a
perfectly healthy heart with no physical symptoms of Marfans! He
had no explanation. I was ecstatic, but honestly, I was not surprised. It was exactly as I had envisioned. I literally RAN out of the cardiologist office across the lot to my car, feeling stronger and more alive than I ever have in my life. I previously
bought my Mother a copy of The Secret. I called my Mom and told her
exactly how I had used The Secret and that I now have a healthy,
strong, normal heart! I've never heard her cry so hard!

I can't express how grateful I am for my two young adopted daughters. Knowing that I will be alive to love them and raise them is everything to me. I live a life of gratitude and giving. I am truly blessed. Thank you to Rhonda Byrne and everyone else involved in bringing about The Secret. It has literally transformed my life, and continues to bring about miracles.

No comments: