Monday, August 13, 2012

3 Steps to Becoming More Successful

3 Steps to Becoming More Successful

By Stuart Lichtman, 
Creator of Stuart Lichtman's Success Blog

Have you ever felt frustrated, unable to achieve the success you want?

Almost everyone has.

Today, I am going to show you why that happens… and what you can do to turn things around… using only your ordinary skills.

Conceptually, achieving anything involves three steps.

Step 1 - Deciding what you want to achieve.

"If you don't know where you are going, you'll probably end up somewhere else." - Lewis Carroll

Step 2 - Putting a high enough priority on it to get you to take action and to keep doing so until you achieve it.

"Action expresses priorities." - Mahatma Gandhi

Step 3 - Resolving any roadblocks in the way, roadblocks that would otherwise stop you.

"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it." - Michael Jordan

Just reflect on anything you have achieved in your life and check this three-step process out.

Let's take a very simple example. I like to cook dinner for company so here are the three steps involved in achieving a rousing successes in that area.

After asking my guests what they like that's in my repertoire, I decide on the menu.

Imagining the look of disappointment on their faces if they show up and I haven't got things ready gives me enough of a shove to get me out of my chair and into the kitchen.

I know that if I'm missing ingredients, I either won't get started or I'll have problems in the midst of cooking. So I check to ensure I have everything on hand, doing so in enough time that my wife can pick up anything missing on her way home.

I know that if I don't give myself enough time, things will get unpleasantly hectic and I may burn myself in the process of rushing around so I work out a timeline, adding 10 minutes "slack time" and set my iPhone to remind me 5 minutes before the start.

So far, when following that procedure, I have a 100% success rate in achieving rousing dinner guest successes with lots of very positive feedback.

I hope you get the point.

Stuart Lichtman is the author of How to Make Lots of Money for Anything - Fast! Get more free training at Stuart Lichtman's Success Blog.

Edited by:Lawyer Asad

No comments: