You know there is no magic way to shed pounds or become fit. The only way t
get there is through hard work and eating right. Yet you can give yourself
leg up in the process by changing how you think about food, weight loss and
eating healthy. By changing how you think, you'll also change how y
and hopefully impact your health for the better.
Meditation can play a key role in helping you overcome food issues and
create the body you want to have now. Awareness, consciousness, focus and
concentration developed through yoga practice and meditation will help you
to embody these key points.
Here are 50 tips to help you learn some tricks to get your mind ripe and
ready for weight loss.
These general tips will help you learn to adapt your thoughts to healthy
1. Be patient. Losing weight in any kind of healthy way is going to take
time. Give yourself a break and relax, and the weight will come off.
2. Don't stress. Stressing about weight loss will likely only make
3. Be realistic Setting unrealistic goals for your weight loss isn'
for your body or mind. Get your mind set on more realistic accomplishments
and you'll be happier and healthier.
4. Create a routine. Success with any weight loss program requires creating
a routine and sticking to it in what you eat, when you work out and how you
think about your progress.
5. Listen to your body. It will tell you when you aren't eating eno
you're eating too much, or you're pushing yourself too hard
6. Use your imagination. Our imaginations are powerful things and you can
use yours to picture your body and your life the way you really want it to
7. Take it slow. You cannot expect to change your mindset or your body
overnight. Take the process slow and steady for the best results.
8. Be honest with yourself. Being honest might be more difficult or more
painful, but you cannot move forward in changing your body or how you think
about it without facing some hard truths about yourself.
9. Find out what you truly want. The reality is that you might not be ready
to lose weight or commit yourself to the work that it takes. Find out what
you truly want in your life. Knowing that you really, really want to lose
weight can be a huge factor in motivating you.
Learn how to change your mindset with these tips.
10. Always be accountable. There is no one else who is responsible for you
losing weight. You have to be accountable for what you eat and how often yo
11. Break the cycle of excuses. We all make excuses to try to justify our
behavior, but these kinds of excuses aren't doing you any favors wh
comes to weight loss. Force yourself to accept your failures and work to
12. Deal with your emotions. For many people, food is an emotional thing an
a coping mechanism for other things that aren't right in their live
s. If you
want to change your mindset about your body, you'll first have to d
these powerful emotions.
13. Make the decision to be thinner. Sometimes all it takes is a firm
resolution to make a change in your life. If you want to lose weight, make
the choice to do so and let your actions follow suit.
14. Take responsibility. No one is forcing food down your throat or keeping
you from the gym. Once you realize that and can take responsibility for you
own actions regarding your health and fitness, you'll be one step c
meeting your goals.
15. Think clearly. Weight loss, body image and personal health can be
emotionally charged issues. When you think about these things it it
important to separate them as best you can from your emotions and make
logical, thoughtful decisions about what is best. For instance, our emotion
might tell us we need a piece of cake after a hard day, but our logical
thinking would tell us it will only make you feel worse about yourself.
16. Change your programming. Many of us have programmed our brains to think
we are fat, unhealthy and will never look or feel like we want to. Thinking
this way is often a self-fulfilling prophecy, but by changing your mental
programming, you'll change what you're capable of in weight
17. Stay positive. There is no upside to negative thinking when it comes to
losing weight. Staying positive will help you feel better about yourself,
keep you motivated and reduce stress — all of which will help you l
18. Train your mind to think in your best interest. If you want to lose
weight, focus on replacing your unhealthy thoughts with healthy ones. After
a while, you will think less unhealthy thoughts and be a step ahead in
reaching your goals.
Give your mind some motivation with these ideas.
19. Pick out a motivational photograph. Whether you want to look more like
you did 20 years ago or have the physique of someone else you admire, choos
a photograph you can look at when you're struggling to help keep yo
20. Set smaller daily goals. While your larger goals are important, focusin
on smaller, individual goals will give you more of a sense of accomplishmen
and change your mindset on a daily basis.
21. Use support from friends. There are few things that can change how you
feel about yourself and your progress like motivation from friends around
22. Reward yourself. When you've worked really hard for something i
fair to reward yourself. Give yourself an indulgence, though not a
food-related one, that you've really been wanting.
23. Tell yourself you can do it. Change your mindset about weight loss by
constantly reminding yourself that no matter how hard it is that you can an
will do it.
24. Never stop thinking about your goals. Keeping your goals in mind
throughout the day will help motivate you and keep you on the right track.
25. Surround yourself with good role models. You won't do yourself
favors when you're trying to lose weight if you surround yourself w
people who practice bad habits and influence you to do so as well. Spend
time with friends who motivate you to be healthy instead.
26. Have a mantra. Finding your own personal weight loss mantra can be a
great way to help keep yourself positive and focused on your goals.
27. Look at the bright side. Setbacks don't have to ruin your motiv
weight loss. Instead, think of them as a chance to work harder and prove
your commitment to your goals.
28. Create a map to your health and happiness. Spending some time laying ou
your goals, collecting photos that motivate you, and planning out your step
along the way can help make process easier, more real and something youâ
more motivated to do every day.
Change your relationship with food by changing your thoughts using this
29. Think yourself out of bad habits. Bad habits with food don't ha
take down your weight loss goals. Instead, use the power of your mind to
fight these bad habits. It will take some doing but you can overcome them.
30. Look at food differently. Food isn't your enemy or your friend
neutral. Learn to look at food as a source of nourishment rather than a
reward or a way to deal with emotions.
31. Picture what food is doing for your body. When you look at what youâ
eating, picture what that food can do for your body and how the nutrients
will help you feel.
32. Allow yourself to eat when you're hungry. Losing weight should
mean starving yourself. Listen to your body and feed yourself when your bod
tells you it's hungry. Just make sure it's actually hunger
and not boredom
or thirst you're giving into. Likewise, stop eating when you are fu
33. Eat foods you crave. You can have foods you crave while you're
lose weight if you can do so in moderation. Keeping things totally off
limits could cause you to binge.
34. Be conscious. Always be aware of what you're eating. Eating min
while watching TV can lead to a lot of unwanted and unneeded calories.
How you see yourself can make a big impact in how much weight you lose. Try
these solutions to feel good about yourself no matter how much you weigh.
35. Change how you think about your body. If you think you are a fat person
you'll likely stay that way. Train your mind to see yourself as att
at any weight and you'll see more weight loss progress.
36. Get control over your thoughts. When your thoughts are out of control
it's easy to think cruel things about yourself and put yourself dow
you start to feel your thoughts heading in that direction, take the wheel
and steer them somewhere positive.
37. Stop looking at the numbers. Weight isn't everything when it co
health. Some people look super skinny and feel healthy at one weight while
another person might be totally different. We all have our own comfort zone
so listen to your body, not the scale.
38. Focus on how you feel. You might not have met your goal weight yet, but
focusing on changes in how you feel can help keep you motivated and feeling
good about yourself.
39. Stop berating yourself. Negative thoughts aren't going to help
weight. If you have a misstep or aren't progressing as fast as you
never berate yourself. Simply get up the next day and start again from a
40. Fill yourself with love. If you want to get the most out of your weight
loss journey, make part of the process learning to truly love yourself. No
one is perfect so get a handle on accepting and appreciating your faults.
41. Take pride in your appearance.It doesn't matter how much you we
can look good and feel good about yourself. Shower, put on a fragrance,
style your hair, and wear your favorite clothes. It will change how you see
yourself and how others see you as well.
Learn how to turn your meditation practice into a reflection on your
personal weight loss goals with these tips.
42. Imagine yourself eating like you should be. The more you imagine it, the
more likely it will become reality.
43. Picture yourself thin. If you believe that you can and will be thin,
then you give yourself the motivation and drive to actually make it happen.
44. Think about activities you'll do when you're thin. If you're too
overweight to do things you love right now, picture yourself doing those
things as the new, thinner you.
45. Relax. You can't take control over your thoughts and your mind
stressed out and distracted. Simply relax and let go the problems of the
46. Picture yourself wearing something you've always wanted to wear
. A big
reason many people want to lose weight is to fit into the clothes and style
that they love and admire. Get a mental picture of how you'll look
something you've always wanted to wear to give you some motivation.
47. Imagine that you love to exercise. Rely on the power of imagination to
help give yourself the initiative you need to get fit and in shape.
48. Don't let negative thoughts interfere. It's easy to thi
thoughts about yourself when you're tackling a big and difficult ob
like losing weight, but you have to make sure to keep these kinds of
thoughts out during your meditation. Replace them with happy, supportive
49. Kick all unhealthy habits and foods out of visualization. Don't
mental fantasies include unhealthy foods and behaviors. You might really
crave them but the purpose is to retrain your mind to let them go.
50. Breathe deeply and calm yourself. Once you're calm, relaxed, and in
control of your mind and body, you'll be able to start thinking clearly
about who and where you want to be.
Edited by: Lawyer Asad