Erectile Dysfunction and Nutrition - 8 Surprising Effects of Honey
By Norman Freed
If you suffer from erectile dysfunction you'll be amazed at the effects honey can have on your sexual wellbeing. Honey has always been associated with love and sex, and finds an important place in literature. It is mentioned in the Bible, and has been known as an aphrodisiac as far back as 500BC. Hippocrates, considered one of the greatest figures in the history of medicine, was known to prescribe honey for sexual vigor. The Kama Sutra, an ancient Indian work on sex life, praises the benefits of honey. It has long been a traditional part of Indian weddings and even today the bridegroom is often offered honey to boost his stamina. Avicenna, a great Persian physician of the 11th century, considered honey to be "the food of foods, the drink of drinks and the drug of drugs", and prescribed honey mixed with ginger and pepper as a sexual stimulant.
In fact the word 'honeymoon' is derived from an old Viking tradition in which newlyweds, in their first month of marriage, would drink a daily cup of honeyed wine, called mead. The Vikings considered mead to be a fertility enhancer and aphrodisiac.
And there appears to be a scientific basis for the idea that honey is good for sex. Research has show that a 3 ounce dose of honey can increase nitric oxide levels in the blood by up to 50%. Nitric oxide is the chemical that is released during arousal, and is responsible for causing the blood vessels in the penis to dilate. When the tissues are dilated or relaxed, this allows increased blood flow into the penis, causing an erection.
Honey has been used by many people over the ages as a general tonic or a medicine. The Ayurveda system uses it profusely in all its medical preparations. Honey, when used appropriately or combined with other food items, can promote growth and regeneration of body tissues and strengthen even a healthy body. Since it contains several anti-oxidants, it makes it vital to our overall health. In addition, it has the following beneficial effects on our sexual health:
1) Honey has the most potent aphrodisiac power to improve your sex life since the bees gather nectar from aphrodisiac flowers such as jasmine, orchids or marjoram.
2) Pure and unheated honey is a mild natural sexual stimulant, since it contains numerous substances such as zinc, vitamins B and E which promote virility and reproductive health. It is also easy to metabolize, and as it is a sugar, it provides our bodies with sustained high levels of energy.
3) The vitamins in honey also boost testosterone production, while the boron in honey helps the body to use estrogen, which is important for sex arousal.
4) A mixture of honey and grounded garlic taken regularly at bed time gives a stimulating effect that increases sexual stamina and pleasure.
5) Honey has been found as a sperm booster. It can provide lasting remedy for men with a low sperm count problem. It can boost the sperm count from level zero to a fertility level of over 60million count. Regular intake of honey can increase the production of sperm cells and also the quality and motility of the sperm cells.
6) Honey mixed with boiled onion juice (two tablespoons taken twice a day for at least a month) will assist in combating weak erections.
7) Home remedies of South India suggest that taking honey mixed with ginger or garlic juice and raw egg before bed time every night can increase sexual virility.
8) Researchers say that certain properties in raw honey can boost the testosterone level in men, which in turn will increase your libido!
Brought to you by: Lawyer Asad