The following are a few areas where we can do a little bit more. The
first step toward improving your life is always the hardest. The key
is to launch in the direction of your dreams and goals. Start by taking little steps and once you gain momentum you will be unstoppable.
1) More time – If you will get started 15 minutes earlier each day it
will give you time to get the day started right and you gain 5 hours a
2) More exercise – Go for a walk around the block or jog around your
neighborhood for 10 or 15 minutes each day. (If you don't think you
have 15 minutes to exercise refer to tip #1) Just following this one
tip will make a big difference in your attitude, energy level, and
3) More self improvement – Commit everyday to feeding your mind
something positive and good. Listen to audio programs on your way to
work and read a few pages daily out of an inspirational book before
going to bed.
4) More preparation – Take a few minutes each evening to plan for the
following day. Then, right before going to sleep, visualize your day
happening just as you planned it.
5) More sales calls – When you feel you have made all the calls you
can make, get your mind right and make one more call. Make it the most exciting call of the day. At the end of the year, this one action will
equal hundreds of extra calls and will result in more sales.
6) More big dreams – Take time to write down everything you want to
be, do, or have if you were living your dream life. The clearer you
are about what it is that you want the more likely you are to achieve
7) More organized – Keep a notebook in your pocket or briefcase and write down ideas and action items you need to remember. Transfer them to your calendar and review them regularly.
8) More water – Drinking water will allow you to reap great health
benefits. Moreover, if you drink at least an 8 ounce glass of water
before each meal you will digest your food better, you won't eat as
much, and you will save money at restaurants by buying smaller
9) More belief – Belief is the feeling of certainty that something is
going to happen. If you believe in yourself and your abilities, you
will transfer this confidence to others. You must take daily actions
that strengthen your personal belief system and that of your company
and its products and services.
10) More focus – Spend 80 percent of your time focusing on and working
on the most important aspects of your life. Most people spend most of
their time majoring in the minors and completing unimportant tasks.
Then they sit around wondering why they can't seem to get anything
To give a little more sometimes we've got to do a little less in some
areas. Here are a few tips you might want to do a little less of so you can be, do, or have more of what you really want.
1) Less distractions – One way to gain extra time and become more
focused on the important areas of your life is to turn off the tube
(TV, computer, etc). Most people spend too much time in front of these escape boxes. Set limits on the amount of time you spend watching TV, checking emails, surfing the internet, listening to the radio, or reading the newspaper.
2) Less eating – Most people eat too much and it makes them gain
weight, have less energy, and diminishes their motivation. Cut back on your portion size. If you eliminate just 100 calories each meal that would amount to over 2,000 calories less per week. This action will help you maintain a healthy weight and increase your energy. Also, instead of going out to eat every day take your own lunch
occasionally. You can prepare a lunch that is healthier and it will
save you time and money.
3) Less hobbies – You may love to play golf, go boating, or have other
hobbies. However, too much of a good thing can keep you from giving
more in the important areas of your life. If you simply cut out one
golf game a month and refocus your energy you would gain an extra 60
hours of productive time a year.
4) Less partying – You don't have to attend every party you are
invited to and you don't have to be the last one to leave. Even if you
do attend a party you can pace yourself so you feel better the next
day and keep your energy level high.
5) Less bad habits – Smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, and taking drugs cause money to flow away from you with nothing in return and they will cause your health to deteriorate. Discipline yourself to kick the habit and you will make more money, improve your health, and have more energy and time to focus on your dreams and goals.
6) Less spending – You could spend less money entertaining others,
going out to eat, and participating in expensive hobbies. A small cutback in your spending, invested wisely, adds up to more financial security.
7) Less self defeating actions – Too many people take actions that are
self defeating. They wind up spending countless hours trying to
justify those actions when they could have positively focused and
moved toward an accomplishment of their dreams. The key is to
recognize when you will likely take the wrong actions and avoid
putting yourself in situations that set you up for failure.
Some of these tips may take a few minutes to act on and others may
take an hour or two but all of them are incredible simple and anyone
can do them. Obviously not all these tips would apply to everyone.
Review the list and find the ones that will benefit you and put them
to use. In no time you will find yourself gaining momentum and moving to the next level of your personal and professional life.
Edited by: Lawyer Asad