Friday, November 12, 2010

How to Make the Right Choice Every Time?

How to Make the Right Choice Every Time?

By Alex Loyd, Ph.D., Creator of The Healing Codes
Featured Trainer at You Wealth Revolution

All of us every day, multiple times a day, are trying to figure out what is the right thing to do, what is the best decision for this or that. In every job or career there are decisions to be made.

Some jobs are just full of decisions every single day. My wife was talking about how many decisions there are in parenting every single day. She's always wondering, "What is the best thing to do for the next hour? This or this?"

As for our health and our relationships, it is just endless when you start thinking about how many decisions I make every week, every day, sometimes every hour. And we want to make the best decisions we can, but sometimes it's really tough because the issues and consequences are not all that clear.

Some choices may not be that far apart. They both seem good or they both seem not so great. So how do you decide in any situation what is the best choice and what is the truth about a particular issue?

Fortunately we have a thing inside of us that I call the heart. Everything we're about at The Healing Codes is about the heart. There is a mechanism in the heart that is a kind of truth detector, a kind of truth indicator. We call it the conscience.

Before you say, "Oh, I know all about that," let me challenge you just a little bit. Just about everybody I've talked to thinks the conscience only functions to tell us the moral right or wrong about every situation. I want to challenge you today because I think it's more than that. I believe that the conscience also functions in other areas besides morality. It also tells us what is best in any particular situation.

Here's why I believe that. There's a wonderful book called The Pulse Test, by Arthur Coca, MD, that Roger Callahan, the founder of energy psychology, first told me about. This is a wonderful little book that tells you how you can take your pulse to determine what is best in any situation. Dr. Coca explains that you can use your pulse as a very reliable indicator of the state of your body regarding stress, and this will tell you what the best decision is.

It's very simple to do. In the morning when you get up take your pulse rate. In the afternoon take your pulse rate. At night take your pulse rate. Track that over several days. This gives you a baseline to know what pulse rate is normal for you at each time of the day. Now you are ready to take your pulse rate while you are resting and then while you think about a particular decision or issue to see if your pulse rate goes up or goes down.

After you're done thinking about that decision, take your pulse rate again to see if you're back at resting. The basic principle is that if your pulse rate goes up significantly while you're thinking about a particular choice, that choice is inducing stress in you and is not a good choice. If it's a good choice for you, it should not induce stress. You should be at peace when you think about it.

This leads me to an important point. Peace is the light on the dashboard that lets you know how you're doing or what is the best choice for a particular issue.

In The Healing Codes, we talk about virtues of the heart such as Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Trust, Humility, and Self-Control. There are many virtues of the heart. In my opinion the only one that you cannot manufacture is Peace. I can manufacture some joy or happiness if I really try. I can manufacture kindness even if I don't feel like it.

However, peace cannot be manufactured. It is the state of your body. The opposite of physical stress is peace. Everybody wants peace. So peace is the light on your dashboard that you can apply to any decision in your life to say, "What is the best decision beyond what my head is saying—my logic and reason? Which decision do I feel the most peace about?"

That's simply what you do. Think about a possible choice and see where that peace level is for you on a zero to ten scale, zero being no peace at all, ten being full, maximum peace. Sit with it a while. Give it more than 10 seconds. Sit with it a while, especially if it's a major decision.

Then think about possible choice number two and do the same thing. Sit back, relax, think about it, visualize it, and think about the statements in words that would best describe what that choice would be. Then, see where your peace level is. Does your pulse rate go way up? Does your pulse rate nicely settle back and maybe even decrease a little bit or stay even?

Remember that 99% of all of our knowledge and wisdom is in our heart. It's in the unconscious and subconscious mind. Well how do I access that? One way is by accurate bio-energetic testing, so if you know how to do that, you can do that, too. Other ways are my peace level and my pulse rate. These are wonderful indicators of the best decision to make.

Now, do not use this in isolation. Don't say, "The thing that makes logical sense to me and everyone else is this thing. But, because when I think about this other thing my pulse rate goes down, I'm going to do that one." No. You've got to use common sense. Use this as one factor in making your decision. Also use the non-physical side of that to test, to think about that issue and see, "Hey, do I have peace when I think about this or does my peace go away?" If your peace goes away it doesn't mean don't do it, but it is a warning sign. You either need to heal some issues in your heart that are stealing your peace, or that may not be the best decision for you.

I have found this to be extremely helpful, extremely accurate, very easy to implement. I don't know how many clients I've had who have told me that this one thing changed their life by revolutionizing their decision making, by taking it beyond just their reasoning and logic. Give it a try and see if it doesn't do that for you as well.

Dr. Alex Loyd is a Naturopathic Doctor with a PhD in Psychology. In 2001, while searching for a cure for his wife's clinical depression, he discovered The Healing Codes, which has been hailed as the most "profoundly effective and fundamentally timeless" do-it-yourself healing modality in existence. Dr. Loyd is also a featured trainer at the You Wealth Revolution.

Edited by: Lawyer Asad

No comments: